CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The inevitable

I know this unfortunate event happens in most families, sometimes more than once. I don't remember being too interested in scissors myself as a child but I do remember my sister Carlie chopping her bangs to her scalp and my mom crying over it.
I timmed Jadons hair a couple days before school picture day and after watching the event Zhoee was obsessed with the power of scissors. While supervised I always let her practice cutting paper so she can work on her skills. That's it, other than that they are OUT OF REACH and the kids know they are not supposed to have them in their possesion!!! This doesn't stop a naughty child.
Tuesday, while I was showering, Zhoee climbed up on our couter and somehow retrieved the hair cutting scissors. By the time I wandered into her room she had gobbs and gobbs of hair on the ground and in her hands. I yelled, then I cried, and cried more. She doesn't have thick, long hair, yet I was very fond of her fine, thin, yellow curly locks that I had been waiting three years to put into piggy tails and finally could do. That is NO MORE!!! I was forced to cut and then cut again all the long peices as an attemt to make her hair look somewhat attractive. It's a short, hip, spiky look and she looks cute as always but I am still sad when notice the 4 places I couldn't fix, she cut on a diagnal clear to her scalp. I guess that'll take a few months to grow in.



10 comments:

Tiffani said...

Holy Crap!! ya gota love'em.

Team Sullivan said...

Hunter cut hair so many times I gave up counting. She is still adorable Zhoee. Nice clean up cut!!

Cami said...

Oh dear lol. I think I would have cried too, but you're right, she's still as cute as ever :) Good job on the cut!

Janae said...

It could have been worse, it could have been the clippers!

De La Paz said...

That is my worst nightmare. I don't have my hair cutting scissors up high or hidden. I better hide them before it is to late. Zhoee your a stinker.

Jim and Katie said...

Oh no, that is so sad, but is still super cute. I like the spikes!

Haley Wheatley said...

What a little sneak!! I better knock on wood but, none of my kids have done this yet!! She is still adorable!

Lindsay said...

Oh Ashlee, I am so sorry! At least she still looks cute! Good job on fixing it!

Katie Price said...

That is so traumatic. She looks cute but I'm sorry for you. I hate doing hair. Ponytails are a necessity at my house.

Jess said...

She looks sooo cute with the little spikes---good job!!! Hope I never have to deal with that one...