CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Thinking....

So, I was just thinking about a lot of things this morning. While visiting my mom yesterday she told me one of my sisters' friends from High school had passed away in a car accident. She had been married a year and was expecting their first baby girl. I didn't know her but know her husbands family and I was so devestated to hear this news. How sad.
Bart had spoken in church that morning and his talk was so wonderful. He reflected on Elder Bednars talk in conference about concentrating on our families and spouses. He talked about words and how our words can make such a difference in our lives and those we're in contact with. He shared that we need to tell our family members we love them OFTEN, we need to pray for them and use nice, kind words ALWAYS and share our testimonies with our families in FHE and just casual conversation. Our lesson in relief society focused on the same thing: families, and helping our husbands and the importance of being sealed in the Temple. Hearing of something tragic like this makes me wonder why this happens? Why am I lucky enough to be married for 9 years and have 3 healthy, active children while this girl has to leave earth so early? I know that there is a plan for everyone and our Heavenly Father knows us individually. I think I need to use this experience to love and be grateful for my family even more and not take them for granted. Our familes are the most important thing: I need to get mad less, hold my kids more often even if there are dishes to be done, and play with my kids no matter how messy the house is. Life is short and in some cases we may lose our loved ones so suddenly! I'm grateful we are sealed together for eternity and I know we'll be together always!!!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I've been thinking about the same thing. Immediately after hearing about Stephanie's passing I looked around at my messy house and to-do list and realized that none of it mattered. I just wanted to be with my family!

Brooke Low said...

Whitney just informed me about her passing. The same thoughts that went through your mind were going through mine also. I am so blessed and need to show my love to my family more often.

Your countertops looks wonderful.

Alison said...

My family has been good friends with Stephanie's family for a long time. I broke my heart to hear about it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Haley Wheatley said...

What a sad story!! So true, it is sad that it sometimes takes a horrible tragedy to remind us all of what really matters in life. And then it seems to quickly we forget! Bostyn is getting so big! Looks like you guys are keeping busy. I love your kitchen, so nice to have a handy manny around!! Hee! Hee! You can tell what I just got done watching!

Haley Wheatley said...

I just noticed the baby binky on the side! Have I missed something? Congratulations!!

Hayley said...

Ashley, You couldn't have said it better. Thank you for sharing. I also have thought a lot about the exact thing since I heard. The blessings of the church are wonderful and we should enjoy every second we can with our families!

Ben and Kim said...

Hey Ashlee,
The blessings of the temple make all the difference in our perspective. Having my own angel in heaven, I can say that the sorrow is sometimes unbearable, but I can appreciate that she is in a much more lovely place and she is safe and free from the heartaches and trials of mortality. And I will see and hold her again!

I noticed your baby countdown...so exciting! Congratulations!!!