CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

And they said it wouldn't last....

Funny story... We were on our way to Colorado for a week of skiing and snowboarding for our honeymoon and we stopped for gas at some tiny town by Green River (Bart would remember the name) and I was inside buying drinks when a local guy asked me if I owned the decorated car that labeled us as newlyweds. I gave him a huge smile and said, "Yep, We've been married two days now." He laughed and said, "Oh, .....and they said it wouldn't last!" Bart and I have always got a kick out of that! Well, we have lasted... a whole 8 YEARS TODAY!!
I married my favorite person and best friend on Feb. 2, 2001. I love this man more than ever today!!! He is such a good good person with such a big heart. He spoils me, takes care of me, takes care of our children, is a hard worker, very ambitious and always going after something, he's quite handsome, he's a car mechanic, a handy man,a landscaper, a good listener (most of the time), athletic, corny, very funny and goofy, a spread sheet maniac, a worthy priesthood holder, someone who never looses his temper, he's patient, and did I mention he's really GOOD LOOKING?
When we were engaged many older people would comment, "You'll love him more and more after you've been married 5, 10, 25, .... years." That is a FACT!!!
Bart, you're truly meant for me! I wouldn't be "me" without you! I can share anything with you and you won't laugh or judge, well, maybe you would laugh... That's what I love about you!!!!
Thanks for the last 8 years of growing together, raising 3 beautiful children together, laughing with each other, and loving each other. I LOVE YOU! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yay, Congrats! That is so cool and such a fun post.....

Alisha LeBaron said...

happy anniversary!

Haley Wheatley said...

HOlY Crap 8 Years!! Sounds like a fun trip. Maybe next year we will finally be able to do something for ours! I remember the engagement night, doesn't seem like 8 years ago. Congrats!