CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu?

After watching the news this morning it kinda freaked me out that we were just in Mexico two weeks ago. At first I thought, Oh, we were totally safe because we were in the resort towns. But, while we were there it was very crowded on most of the beaches, resorts, and markets. We were reminded several times it was Spring Break for all of Mexico that week. Many were there vacationing from metropolitan cities like Mexico City, where this swine flu origionated. Our last day on the cruise some of our family became sick, flu like sick. We thought it was because of the ship movement but could they have had the flu???? One of our sister-in-laws got really sick right when we returned and had to go in twice to the Dr. because she wasn't getting any better. She's OK now but had a pretty horrible week. Kinda freaky to think about all this spreading around. It got me thinking: About three weeks ago, right before we left on our trip, we were discussing our food storage in church and a lady in our ward mentioned we are more likely to NEED our food storage because of quarantining our family against diseases than natural disasters!!! WOW! What if we HAD to keep our children and husbands home from school and work and us mothers from the grocery stores so we didn't catch this thing???? Do we have enough food storage? In Mexico they've cancelled many schools and at most sporting events there were no spectators allowed.

4 comments:

Molly said...

Pinkie has had the flu. It got me thinking about the swine flu too. If she ends up having it, I'm blaming it on you :)

trishaleed@hotmail.com said...

oh crap that is very scary. I better work on my food storage. Thanks.

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

I was watching that on the news and thought about you guys.....I thought that if you were contagious and gave that crap to me, well, I was going to be pretty mad. Having a flu that is part pig, part bird, part human doesn't sound THAT fun. Wait, having any type of flu doesn't sound fun.
PS---we are IN the house! Now we just need some visitors that DO NOT have swine flu!! :)

clintandmegtucker said...

My family is all convinced that is what Clint and I had after the cruise! I keep thinking it couldn't be but all of the symptoms are the same! Kind of freaky!!