CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I wanted to die

I look tired don't I???

The gun went off and hundreds of runners started taking off down main street and where were Kelsie and I???? We had arrived so early for the Peach Days 10 K, we were still hangin out streching by the tabernacle front doors and about died to see everyone take off. We ran for the starting line but, through all our efforts to get there, we were dead last starting the 10K run. I laughed so hard just thinking about how early we showed up, and yet we just lost track of time and didn't even realize everyone was lining up to start. HOW FUNNY!!! Well we did it. Kelsie faster than me, but I finished. At the last 2 K going back down main street, which was lined by thousands of parade watchers, I was wishing I was dead. All those feelings of despair hit me. "Why in the heck did I want to do this to myself." "I have 9 long blocks to go and my body just can't finish." Well, slowly, very slowly, and bringing up the rear, I did finish!!!!! I'm going to become a runner and try to actually PREPARE myself before I do this to my poor body again. But I do want to run another race soon it was very satisfying- and I have to try to keep up with my husband and my sisters!!!

Kelsie convinced me to get NIKE PLUS for my ipod. It was so cool to put the chip in my shoe as I ran and then during my playlist a voice will tell me how far I have gone, how much torture I have left to endure, and how many calories I have burned, etc... Pretty cool. I got a sweet armband for it too and it made the run a little easier. I can't wait to run tomorrow morning (pushing 60 lbs. of children in the jogging stroller) Will my legs let me??? I'm pretty sore this morning. Thanks for pushing me Kels, I had a fun time. (I can say that now, not yesterday)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound like Garrett needing to keep up with Bart! I laughed so hard when I read about you losing track of time. Congrats for finishing! I guess now I'll be included with Garrett in saying I need to keep up with Ashlee!

Molly said...

I am seriosly impressed that you ran it! I get tired running up the stairs!

Haley Wheatley said...

Good Job Romer!! It is a good feeling to finish a race. I about died laughing about you losing track of time! What? That doesn't sound like you at all! You're awesome!

Team Sullivan said...

Dang Girl! Way to go. What a motivator you are. Want to race me?

Katie Price said...

Okay so you're my hero. That's so freaking cool. I'm so impressed that you did that. Seriously, you rock.

Janae said...

I am so jealous! That is hilarious that you missed the the big start! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on.

Brooke said...

Yikes! You're so brave! I don't consider myself a runner, more of a walker!

Ju Ju said...

Congrats Ash!

My brother ran that thing too. I would have died, not just wanted to. That is quite the feat! Give yourself a big treat for that one!

Abby said...

That Is sooo freaking funny that you and Kelsie were up at the doors when they started the race!! You guys did great and it was really good to see you!