CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

We're getting a dog!!!

This is our nephew, Spencer, holding one. A week old.
A week old.
Three weeks old.


FOR YEARS Jadon has been begging for a dog. He's asked for one the last 3 Christmas' and Birthday's. We are finally giving in. Taniel (Bart's sister) just had a litter of seven beagles. The cute pictures of them have suckered us into it even more. We are going to get a male (cuz I don't want to deal with girl dog issues) and they are the cutest little things. I have some days where I am so excited and others when I think, "What are we even thinking, we can't get a dog. I can't even handle my kids." I'm really nervous about potty training and I'm not going to be happy if things get chewed up. And don't even get me started with my garden. So, if anyone has any tips or suggestions PLEASE send them my way. Bart is really excited too! He's wanted a dog since we got married. One of our first dates he told me he had his names chosen for the two dogs he would one day own. Kodiac and Dexter. The kids are choosing between the two. Jadon wants Dexter and Zhoee's begging to name him Kody! Does this count as our 4th child?????? I'm nervous! We are picking him up over President's Day weekend.

10 comments:

Kylee said...

You are going to have so much fun with your new addition! Every kid needs a dog! We have a four and a half year old beagle. I'm not going to lie, she's trouble at times. But she's worth it! Good luck and enjoy!

Team Sullivan said...

We sold the other black boy today so you are stuck with the one we call Johnny. (the go-getter Bart told me he was leaning towards, or "Lard Butt" the lazy brown burrito) Have to say we really like the SHOCK COLLAR! You might look into one of those. . . .;)

Cami said...

Good luck! I can totally see you guys having a dog. The puppy was sure cute! Hope he doesn't give you too much trouble. :)

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

I am stressing out for you! Then again I am the "up-tight" sister and you will breeze through adjusting to this dog like I never would be able to! Good Luck!!

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Oh yeah, my advice to you is to never ask dad to dog-sit for you ;)

Jim and Katie said...

I hate to say it, but he WILL dig, and he WILL chew but you will love him anyway! Doggies are so fun and your kids will love him. I vote for Dexter - it seems like more of a beagle name. Enjoy!

Jim and Katie said...

I hate to say it, but he WILL dig, and he WILL chew but you will love him anyway! Doggies are so fun and your kids will love him. I vote for Dexter - it seems like more of a beagle name. Enjoy!

Molly said...

I would definately say that you will feel like you have a fourth child for at least the first 6 months, so just be glad that you don't have a baby at the moment. We have a Beagle and we LOVE her. It is a good thing that Kory is good at training dogs, I am not that patient.

Haley Wheatley said...

Cute dog!! I am exactly like you. Not excited to try and raise another kid!! (dog) I am out number too. I am aftraid I won't have a choice once we get back to Idaho! I didn't know Cella was pregnant. I can't wait to be back so I don't have to miss anything else.

Bryce & Camillia Dougal said...

Congrats on the new addition! As that is what they are, pretty much like a new baby. Especially since you will be potty training it too. We've got a schnauzer he is almost 3 years old. We love him too, he's just a part of the family.