CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mowing the Lawn

I have really enjoyed mowing the lawn over the last few years and wondered why I actually like it when I dreaded it when I was a teenager and was forced to do it. My sister-in-law mentioned she loves it too! She stated, "It's the one thing that stays "Done" no matter what my kids do." As I was mowing this afternoon (to avoid doing the inside work) I realized how true that statement was. I mowed and my lawn looks great right now and no matter how destructive or playful my kids are this week it will stay mowed and looking good. The dishes, laundry, vacuuming, it's all just a matter of minutes before another dish is in the sink, another dirty outfit is thrown down the laundry chute or something is spilled. What a good feeling to have something stay "DONE"!!!

3 comments:

James and Whitney said...

I'm glad some women like to mow the lawn...Not me. I still hate it from growing up and having to do it. I did finally admit to my parents the reason all their trees died is because I ran into them with the mower because I hated doing it lol!

Tiffani said...

What a wise sister in-law you have.

Allison said...

Amen sister! We need to get together, I will find out what days Apple doesn't work and let you know.