CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Scrapbooking....the new way

I've finally given in...... For years I have absolutely loved to shut myself in my scrapbooking area and just work work work. I love it!!!!! I love everything about it, the brads, the stamping, the yarn, ribbons, die-cuts, markers, eyeletts, cute paper, stickers... EVERYTHING.

I have fallen so far behind though, that it has turned into something I dread, do I keep going from where I left off, or do I start with our latest pics. It usually takes me my entire alloted time just to organize and get started..... and then Bostyn wakes up or Zhoee cries because Jadon attacking her.

So.. I started with some scrapbooking software last week and I love it. (I swore I'd always keep going the old fashioned way) I let the kids fend for themselves all day Tuesday and I was on the computer all day. (that was bad of me, but it was sure fun) I completed 82 pages. Can you believe that??? Sure, some I want to go back and edit a little more, but 82 pages. The old way I could get 1 page perfect in an hour. So I have converted.... I can get a good size book published for the price of 10 pages with all the goodies. It has been a stretch for me but I just love the fact that I can easily stay caught up and document my journal, pictures, stories and adventures.
And I can find another use for all the space my scrapbooking supplies are taking up.

7 comments:

Jim and Katie said...

I haven't scrapbooked since I got married....almost six years! What program are you using, maybe I'll have to try i. Will you e-mail me at solosabal@yahoo.com?? Way to go, I can't imagine 82 pages :)

Jess said...

What program are you using?!? That is so awesome you got so many done....good for you!!!

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to do the digital scrapbooking thing. What program are you using?

Haley Wheatley said...

Romer-
I've been trying to get clued in on the digital scrapbooking too. Let me know what you are doing. I might need to give you a call. I think I have your number. Leave it on my blog just in case! Thanks

Kylee said...

Well, it looks like we all want to know what program you're using! I've never tried digital scrapbooking, mainly because I'm dumb when it comes to computers. But seriously, that'd probably be the only way to actually get anything done! Perhaps one day I will try it.

Janae said...

I need more details. What program, how to do it, etc.

Stacee said...

You bet ya - free 99! Acme is the same as Albertson's, so I would think so??? I'm all about cheap, but when it's free...wahoo! Have fun with the party, I hope you get an awesome FREE cake!