CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Are we OLD???

After our date to the Logan Temple Friday night Bart and I decided to get a late dinner at Chili's. It was 10:00pm so we thought the dinner crowd would be gone and it wouldn't be busy as usual. HA ha, We sure are OLD parents now. So, it was packed. We still had to wait for a table. There were college groups at EVERY TABLE. We usually do our "stuff" in Ogden or SLC so I guess I wasn't used to the overwhelming college crowd. As Bart and I ordered and talked we looked around and noticed there wasn't another "couple" we could see. Every table was pushed together with 3-4 others to fit huge groups!!! The FUNNY thing was almost every college student had their cell phone in their hand texting someone or whatever else. Bart was positive they were texting the person sitting at the other end of the table. We laughed so hard thinking about when we were in college and dating cell phones were not near as popular. We each had one but there was no texting, no pictures phones, no internet connection. We used them ONLY because we didn't have land lines. Times have changed. It was seriously so FUNNY. They could NOT even set their phones down to eat. ALL OF THEM were constantly moving their fingers along the keypad. Then I noticed someone I went to high school with sitting at one of the tables among a group. I have been married almost 8 years, have 3 children worst of all, I am a slow texter. We would NEVER fit in!!! (well maybe Bart, he's a texter and can't go without his cell) We laughed and laughed at how OLD we are getting!!!

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Ok so that totally happened to us. When went to the BYU game. After we went to cafe Rio and we were so OLD!! Everyone was either texting or fondling each other. The good old days..

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Old Foggies. That is EXACTLY what I see when I think of you and Bart!;)

Haley Wheatley said...

So funny!! I don't even know how to send a text. Remember my huge phone? We always ran out of minutes so, I would go to Crystal & Grants to talk to Ryan. The good old days!!