CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

3 vs. 1

Ok, first off, I'm not complaining I just want to share how hard (and humorous) it can be getting three kids 5 yrs. and under ready for church by myself. Bart has meetings before church so it is up to me.
Here are some funny things that happened while trying to get ready:

1. Cleaning up the toilet paper from Zhoee and Bostyn (last post)

2. Cleaning up the dirt I spilled on the carpet- we all filled little pots with soil to grow wheat grass yesterday and they were still sitting on the kitchen table (Thanks Janae for the fun idea, the kids loved it). Ithought to myself "I'd better move those to a better place before one of the kids spills them all over the floor." So in the process of moving them onto the office window sill I spilled one on the carpet (even better).

3. Took 10 min. to explain to Zhoee why she couldn't wear her princess dress-ups and high heels to church. She finally agreed to put on a church dress. I thought I was doing a good thing by getting her dressed before I showered so I would have a little less to do while trying to get myself ready.

4. I forced Jadon into into the tub after his fit, because he chose to not bath last night like his brother and sister.

5. I was taking my shower and the water would get cold all of a sudden and then go back warm and it kept happening over and over. I knew Bart wasn't flushing the toilet or anything cuz he was gone. I looked out into my bathroom and Jadon, wet and naked from getting out of the tub, is just laughing when I shriek as he turns my sink on and off, on and off.

6. After telling Jadon to get back into the tub and wash his hair I finish my shower in peace. Many of us mothers know peace is often a sign there is trouble going on elsewhere. Exactly- I turn off the water step out of the shower and here comes Zhoee in her dress, tights, dress shoes and she has just gotten out of the tub, too. Yep, she was drenched.

7. I went in the kids bathroom to yell at J for letting Zhoee get in in her dress and discovered all twenty wash clothes that were clean and in the drawer were now thrown on the floor after being soaked in the tub water. The floor was covered in 2 inches of water.

8. I yelled and got all upset and I'm really sad about that because later I was sitting in church just laughing about the whole thing. I mean how funny is that? The house just falls apart because the mom takes a 10 min. shower.

9. I tried to find Bostyn. He was in his crib, yet Zhoee had filled it with every toy she could find, the poor little guy couldn't even move.

10. Finally, we sit down in church and Zhoee finds Bart (blessing the sacrament) and continues to yell "Hi Daddy" and waves, getting as much attention as she can.

11. Bostyn poops the second we get settled. I'm stuck. I'm not taking all three of them to run around the halls while I try to change a diaper and I can't stay there, the kid reeks.

12. Jadon farts and laughs about it and then loudly say's- "Mom, I just farted, I think it was like a runny one or something" Oh, heaven help me!!!!!!!

13. The sacrament comes to us and (still by myself) I am holding Bos and trying to let Zhoee take the bread. She takes about ohhh.... 15 peices in a huge handful. What do you do???? Let her eat all of it, I can't have her put them all back, I wouldn't want to take a piece that was just in the snotty, sticky, hands of a two year old.

And I'll finish with #13, I guess I really was unlucky today!

With all these challenges I think we must be doing the right thing- Why else would Satan be trying so hard to keep us from church???

10 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I LOVE IT! Seriously, I am so glad to hear that other moms have days like that! It sound just like something that would happen at our house! :)

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

So, I think the real question is....when are you going to have #4???

Ashlee said...

kels-I've told you. Long Break this time!!!!

Unknown said...

Garrett and I read your post last night and at the end he said we were never having kids! I'm so there with you on the Disneyland just name the time and we are there. The other day I thought about how fun it would be to go on a Disneyland trip with you guys so we definitely need to plan one!

ShandeeO said...

Oh my gosh!! I haven't laughed that hard for a long time!! Thanks for the laugh and I hope you have a better rest of the week!!

Jess said...

Sorry but I am laughing sooo hard! You crack me up, and your kids are darling (even if they are stinkers to their mom)!!!

Haley Wheatley said...

So so funny! I am sitting hear laughing my head off. I know what you are feeling. I get more scared the older my kids get. They are always up to mischief. The funniest is picturing you trying to keep it all under control! You're a good mom!

Jim and Katie said...

Hmm, maybe I don't want kids. j/k You are an awesome mom. I think I WOULD have just stayed home from church. Good for you for actually making it there :)

Team Sullivan said...

I have read this post at least 5 times. I love it! I laughed so stinking hard. Because of Lonny's shift work I have always gotten the kids ready and done church by myself. Try doing 3 kids 3yrs and under! Thanks for sharing your morning. I think I am going to read it again. . .