CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The car incident

We didn't knock on wood.....
Bart was talking about how a lot of his friends have complained about their wives' driving records and how they have caused many fender benders and made their insurance rates go up. Then he, in a surprised way, realized I have never caused any wreck, scrape, or dent on our vehicles. We were hit pretty hard at an intersection when we lived in St. George and while we were getting it fixed and driving the rental car I was hit from behind in the rental car, which caused us to get a second rental car. But neither of us have ever caused a wreck.... I hadn't really ever thought about it, but I was instantly very proud of myself.
The next day.......
I was coming home from our volleyball tournament in Lehi and Carlie and I stopped to eat dinner. In the parking lot a girl started pulling out and I thought she looked like she was quickly pulling out so I could take her spot. Then her SUV never slowed down and rammed right into the front end of our Honda. Wonderful!!!! The worst part was that she was a 21 year old who just started bawling and calling her dad and asking him what she should do. I guess I'm unsympathetic, but I felt very annoyed. When I got out my cell phone to call the police she practically begged me to not call, and she said her dad said he would pay cash and not involve the insurance companies. Yea right, I'm no sucker!!! So, the police came and we finished all the paper work and now poor Bart has a week of getting estimates and getting his car fixed. I'm sad he has to deal with it, but It would have been even worse if it was the Odyssey needing to get fixed.

So, technically, I still have never caused a dent, scrape, or wreck. I'm just the innocent victim.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

iqunfortunately, the insurance company would say "accidents are never a convince. We recently got rear-ended at 1100 south and main, and I was just sitting at the light getting ready to turn when she hit the back of me, and then she got out and said "did I do that" It took us a whole month to get our car fixed. I am so sorry I know what a hassle it is so I wish you luck!