CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Decision to be Happy!
Today as I was organizing Jadon's puzzles and helping him straighten up his room I noticed a song I haven't ever heard before on the radio. (You're Gonna Miss This by, Trace Adkins, I just added it to my playlist) As I started paying attention the the words the tears came rushing out. The song is about a mom and dad telling their daughter to enjoy where she is in life because when that stage is over she's going to miss it. From when she's 18, then a newlywed, and then with screaming children (that sounds familiar). She keeps wanting to move quickly onto the next stage. I remember a speaker at a fireside in college speaking about being happy right where you are now, not saying "I'll just be happy when we move into a big house, or when my kids are independent, or when I get married" But whatever stage you are in enjoy it and just be happy NOW. It was so emotional becuase the day before was rather challenging with Jadon being defiant, a messy house filled with construction going on, Bostyn rather upset about 3 teeth starting to poke through, and on top of that going to Ogden for a drs. appt. and being 10 min. late and told I needed to reschedule. AHHHHH!!! I had called Bart at work as I locked myself in our room and complained about how the day was going. He calmly game me a pep talk and I felt somewhat encouraged. I sat and said a prayer for me and for my children. The kind that you really pour out your soul and know you are being heard.
So, today as I listened to the words on the radio I felt so uplifted and happy to be a mom and actually content to learn from those struggles and trials of motherhood, I really will miss this when they are all grown-up.

5 comments:

Haley Wheatley said...

Seriously Romer! Your making me cry just reading it! It is so true. I feel like I'm the queen of saying "well when we're done with school"! None of that even matters. Time is going to fast and I need to enjoy these young mom years more! By the way I am not surprised you were late for the Doctors appt.!! Ha! Ha! But, that is ridiculous they made you reschedule! Love ya! Ash

Haley Wheatley said...

What?
Why am I not remembering a 3 hour prayer! Could you fill me in on your joke! Ha! Ha!

Allison said...

Hello from Allison McKinstry Barben!! Ashlee you are so cute!! I love reading your blog because I can seriosly see you saying the things that you write. Your family is so stinkin cute, and I love learning about all you are doing. Hello caribean cruise, I'm jealous!! I can't agree with you more about appreciating what's going on in your life "right now." There have been plenty of times that I think, "is this really my life?" But then I look at other people and think, "I am so glad I have my family, and can't wait to have more!" Don't worry I know you are an amazing mother and wife, and your family is so lucky to have you. I am bummed that we didn't get together over Christmas but it's so hard when people have a million things to do over the holidays. So I hope you guys are doing awesome! When you get a minute you should check out the blog I just made for our family, it's definately in the start up stages, and I am still trying to figure out how to list people's blogs that I like on my blog.....oh well. Go to www.jakeandal.blogspot.com. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashlee! I am actually from Cannonville, but basically the same thing right? My maiden name is Twitchell. It is such a small world, because I was doing the same thing. Trish had left us a comment so I was looking at her blog. I kinda thought I recognized Garrett, but we had their wedding announcement laying around for a while so I thought that is what it was. But, then I was looking at her friends and family and saw Bart Tucker and I had a friend who had a HUGE crush on him in high school so the name stuck out, so I looked and kinda tripped out at the whole situation. Crazy!

Team Sullivan said...

Killer song there. I was reduced to bawling. I have been thinking about how my kids have grown so fast and that song just summerizes everything I was thinking.