CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Remembering President Hinckley

My mom called us to tell us the news before it was spread across the TV and radio last night. At first I was shocked and sad. I guess I thought he was invincible and would just keep on living forever becuase of his optimisim and activity level. But, when we were watching the coverage on TV I told Bart I wasn't really sad at all. I was happy he was finally with his wife and so happy for all the service, inspiration, encouragement and love he gave to the world and to me. I was glad to spend our Sunday evening thinking about his life.
My sister in law, Megan, gave me Sister Hinckley's book, called "Letters" a couple years ago for my birthday. I loved reading about Pres. and Sis. Hinckley's life together completely through letters she wrote to family, friends, and to her husband. They sure loved, served, and respected each other and I get a smile on my face knowing they are together again. What remarkable lives they lived, I know my testimony is stronger and I am trying to be a better wife, mother, and church member because of their example.

1 comments:

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

That is the exact way I felt. When we heard the news on the news...Isaac and I looked at each other and I told him I was happy that he was reunited with his wife. He did so much for the church and it was his time to go.