CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our Appeal to the Insurance Company

This is a good one: I'm still laughing about this so I must share. Well, we recieved a bill last week for over $1,000 to Ogden Regional Medical Center. (keep in mind Bostyn is now 9 months old) Last year we had IHC through Bart but we also decided to pay a premium to get Altius through the school district to for double insurance coverage. We only paid to have me double covered though. I checked with both insurances 3 months before he was due and was told whichever insurance was through my employer was my primary insurance and I had to deliever at that contracted hospital. DONE! (I loved Ogden Regional, so that was great news) Well, today I called IHC and the lady was all confused as to why I would deliver Bostyn at Ogden Regional when Bostyn was covered by IHC. I explained that my primary insurance was Altuis and therefor needed to deliver there. Then she said "Well, thats fine but you needed to be at Ogden Regional and your baby needed to be at McKay Dee." Here's your sign. That would have been more than dificult! How funny (and frustrating) is that?

6 comments:

ShandeeO said...

Hey neighbor!! I'm glad you found me! Even though we live less than a block away...maybe we can stay in touch! LOL

Abby said...

Ashlee, that is the funniest thing that I have heard in a long time!! Thanks for a good laugh :)

Haley Wheatley said...

Romer!
Hilarious! Aren't insurance companies clueless! I hate dealing with stuff like that! By the way now that you have refreshed my mind I do remember the prayer. What can I say, you were lucky you had such a spiritual roomate! HA! HA!

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Holy Cow! Is there really only 17 days until the cruise?? Crap! I need to lose 30 pounds and get 4 to 7 shades tanner...in 17 days. Ooops. Soooo Excited!!!

Brett said...

Ashlee- I need your email address so I can add you to my blog-- I am making it private (so no nasty comments are left). Thanks-Brett

Ashlee said...

Brett-I tried to leave it for you but you've already made it private so hopefully you check this:
ashlee_tucker@hotmail.com